Stack Emission Services
Our services for monitoring stack emissions include isokinetic measurement of particulate matter, velocity, temperature and pressure profiles. Levego’s services extend further to particulate matter and fume extraction plant balancing, gas cleaning plant efficiencies, dynamic particulate matter emission monitoring, calibration of automated measuring systems, and gas producer performance.
Levego is uniquely positioned to offer its clients a comprehensive independent calibration service for all makes of online continuous emission monitors according to BS EN14181:2004 and the US EPA Relative Accuracy Testing Audit (RATA) protocols and requirements.
Measurement services for the following are also offered, but not limited to:
- CO, CO², SO², SO³, NO×, NH³, HF, HCl, Cl²
- metals emissions
- volatile organic compounds (e.g. BTEX)
- semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOC)
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDD) and polychlorinated dibenzofuran (PCDF), amongst others.
Determination of particulate matter and sulphate analysis take place in our in-house ISO 17025:2017 accredited testing laboratory
Levego offers a comprehensive array of environmental analyses, including the supply of specialised sampling media that is outsourced to a carefully selected group of national and international accredited laboratories.
Levego can provide a range of portable analysers as outlined below:
- Portable combustion and emission analysers
- Portable flame ionisation analysers (FID)
- Isokinetic and gaseous stationary source emissions measurement equipment
- Toxic gas analysers
- Portable fourier transform infrared analysers (FTIR)
The above are used at various industrial emission sources e.g. refineries, chemical plants, boilers and furnaces.
Ambient Air Quality
We offer dust fall-out monitoring in accordance with ASTM D1739: 1970.
We co-ordinate the installation of compliant fall-out stands, site maintenance and collection of samples at the prescribed pre-determined intervals. Samples are collated and analysed in accordance with ASTM D1739 of 1970.
Levego’s ambient outdoor environmental air quality monitoring is performed using Radiello™ passive/diffusive samplers for the following contaminants:
- BTEX/VOC, aldehydes, ammonia, hydrogen fluoride, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, ozone, phenolic compounds, hydrogen chloride, etc.
We also offer an odour control solution. The service includes odour assessments, odour surveys, sampling, analysis and odour modelling. Our partnership with international leaders in this field ensures that Levego has a solution to meet all of your odour emission requirements.
Levego offers assistance with the completion of your submission requirements to the South African National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory System (NAEIS). The NAEIS is an online national reporting platform aimed at holding both air pollutants and greenhouse emissions inventories for the Republic of South Africa.
Leak detection and repair
Leaking equipment, such as valves, pumps, and connectors, are a large source of emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and volatile hazardous air pollutants (VHAPs).
We offer a leak detection measurements service following the requirements of US EPA Method 21 and international best practice.
Contracts managed include: Impala Platinum Mine; Omnia Sasolburg; COTCO (Cameroon); PPC Cement; Richards Bay Minerals; Enstra Paper; Sappi Ngodwana; Lafarge Cement; ArcelorMittal; AfriSam Cement; SASOL; Mandini Health; South African Calcium Carbide; Eskom; Samancor; Unilever; Debeers; Rossing Uranium and Enviroserve.
Quality and Service
Levego is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company;
– Reference Number 7463, Mark/Ref/Permit/LS; No LS 4141
Levego Environmental Services’ laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025:2017 facility;
– Facility Accreditation Number T0846
Levego Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd is committed to providing an impartial testing service in line with good business practice and to protect customer confidential information, including the protection, storage and transmission of results.
Levego Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd is committed to maintain a reputation of accurate sampling, testing and reporting that shall fulfill applicable legal, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025:2017 requirements. Sampling, testing and reporting is conducted according to requirements as set out in a variety of international standards (such as ISO, BS EN and US EPA) as required by legislation. Levego Environmental Services also supply and service equipment for stationary source emission testing, gas monitoring and ambient air measurements, acting as agents for a number of equipment suppliers.
Top management and all Levego Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd personnel therefore provide unqualified support to the implementation, maintenance, compliance and continual improvement, improvement in performance and effectiveness of a formal quality management system in line with the requirements of both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025:2017. Our Quality Management System governs all our operations in relation to our quality, administrative and technical procedures.
Through the implementation of this Quality Management System we endeavor to ensure –
- Continual improvement improvement in performance and the effectiveness of the quality management system (via assessments, and preventive and corrective action);
- Maintainance ofaccreditation (adhere to the quality management system)
- Satisfaction of applicable requirements (internal and external).
- Assessment and continual improvement upon our set objectives.
- Our compliance to both ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025:2017 by subjecting the system to periodic audits by independent certification bodies.
- We understand and meet client’s requirements.
- We enhance client satisfaction.
- We are familiar with the Quality Management System documentation and are implementing the policies and procedures in our work.
- We keep up-dated with advances in our area(s) of expertise.
- We generate and report data objectively.
- We minimise non-conformances through identification, investigation and effective corrective action.
- We handle and keep all client data and information confidential.
- We provide information, data and reports without any external prejudice or influence.
- We act independently and impartially.