Stack Emission Services
Our services for monitoring stack emissions include isokinetic measurement of particulate matter, velocity, temperature and pressure profiles. Levego’s services extend further to particulate matter and fume extraction plant balancing, gas cleaning plant efficiencies, dynamic particulate matter emission monitoring, calibration of automated measuring systems, and gas producer performance.
Levego is uniquely positioned to offer its clients a comprehensive independent calibration service for all makes of online continuous emission monitors according to BS EN14181:2004 and the US EPA Relative Accuracy Testing Audit (RATA) protocols and requirements.
Measurement services for the following are also offered, but not limited to:
- CO, CO², SO², SO³, NO×, NH³, HF, HCl, Cl²
- metals emissions
- volatile organic compounds (e.g. BTEX)
- semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOC)
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDD) and polychlorinated dibenzofuran (PCDF), amongst others.
Determination of particulate matter and sulphate analysis take place in our in-house ISO 17025:2005 accredited testing laboratory
Levego offers a comprehensive array of environmental analyses, including the supply of specialised sampling media that is outsourced to a carefully selected group of national and international accredited laboratories.
Levego can provide a range of portable analysers as outlined below:
- Portable combustion and emission analysers
- Portable flame ionisation analysers (FID)
- Isokinetic and gaseous stationary source emissions measurement equipment
- Toxic gas analysers
- Portable fourier transform infrared analysers (FTIR)
The above are used at various industrial emission sources e.g. refineries, chemical plants, boilers and furnaces.
Ambient Air Quality
We offer dust fall-out monitoring in accordance with ASTM D1739: 1970.
We co-ordinate the installation of compliant fall-out stands, site maintenance and collection of samples at the prescribed pre-determined intervals. Samples are collated and analysed in accordance with ASTM D1739 of 1970.
Levego’s ambient outdoor environmental air quality monitoring is performed using Radiello™ passive/diffusive samplers for the following contaminants:
- BTEX/VOC, aldehydes, ammonia, hydrogen fluoride, nitrogen dioxide, sulphur dioxide, ozone, phenolic compounds, hydrogen chloride, etc.
We also offer an odour control solution. The service includes odour assessments, odour surveys, sampling, analysis and odour modelling. Our partnership with international leaders in this field ensures that Levego has a solution to meet all of your odour emission requirements.
Levego offers assistance with the completion of your submission requirements to the South African National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory System (NAEIS). The NAEIS is an online national reporting platform aimed at holding both air pollutants and greenhouse emissions inventories for the Republic of South Africa.
Leak detection and repair
Leaking equipment, such as valves, pumps, and connectors, are a large source of emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and volatile hazardous air pollutants (VHAPs).
We offer a leak detection measurements service following the requirements of US EPA Method 21 and international best practice.
Contracts managed include: Impala Platinum Mine; Omnia Sasolburg; COTCO (Cameroon); PPC Cement; Richards Bay Minerals; Enstra Paper; Sappi Ngodwana; Lafarge Cement; ArcelorMittal; AfriSam Cement; SASOL; Mandini Health; South African Calcium Carbide; Eskom; Samancor; Unilever; Debeers; Rossing Uranium and Enviroserve.
Quality and Service
Levego is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company;
– Reference Number 7463, Mark/Ref/Permit/LS; No LS 4141
Levego Environmental Services’ laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 facility;
– Facility Accreditation Number T0846
Our focus is to provide a professional service, on time and within budget which rests on a foundation of scientific excellence and integrity. We are committed to maintaining a reputation of accurate sampling, testing and reporting that fulfills applicable legal, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17025:2005 requirements. Sampling, testing and reporting is conducted according to requirements as set out in a variety of international standards (such as ISO, BS EN and US EPA).
Top management and all Levego Environmental Services personnel therefore provide unqualified support to the maintenance, compliance and continual improvement and the effectiveness of our formal quality management system in line with our ISO 9001:2015 certification and ISO 17025:2005 accreditation.
Compliance to our quality systems ensures:
- Satisfaction of applicable requirements (internal and external)
- Assessment and continual improvement of our set objectives
- Our systems are subjected to periodic audits by independent certification bodies
- We understand and meet clients’ requirements
- Ensuring client satisfaction
- We keep updated with advances in our area(s) of expertise
- Data is generated and reported objectively
- Non-conformances are minimised through identification, investigation and effective corrective action
- We ensure that Client information and data is kept confidential
- All information, data and reports are provided without any external prejudice or influence
- Total independence and impartiality
Levego provides a world-class environmental service in line with our core company values of customer focus, quality, integrity, respect and trust.